Former College Football Star Trashes President Trump’s Clemson Dinner

first_imgReggie Bush looks on when he was on the Lions.OAKLAND, CA – AUGUST 15: Running back Reggie Bush #21 of the Detroit Lions looks on during their preseason game against the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum on August 15, 2014 in Oakland, California. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)At least one former college football and NFL standout wasn’t happy with President Trump’s fast food bash honoring Clemson’s national championship team on Monday.Reggie Bush was not happy with the spread, taking time out on Twitter today to criticize Trump for serving a buffet of hamburgers, fries, pizza and other fast food items.“Just when you think you’ve seen it all, @ClemsonFB you guys deserve better you are world champs and this is the honor you receive from our nations leader!? This is disrespectful on so many levels, just a huge slap in the face after that kind of performance! SMH!” Bush wrote.Just when you think you’ve seen it all, @ClemsonFB you guys deserve better you are world champs and this is the honor you receive from our nations leader!? This is disrespectful on so many levels, just a huge slap in the face after that kind of performance! SMH! pic.twitter.com/rEprhVZf6n— Reggie Bush (@ReggieBush) January 15, 2019Because of the government shutdown, Trump paid for the meal himself. Bush is one of the people who thinks the President should have gone with a more high-end catering option.For what it’s worth, Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence told TMZ he “loved” the food, though it looks like teammate Jackson Carman wasn’t a fan.Clemson is going to be the preseason No. 1 team for 2019 and they have a strong chance at getting back to the White House next year.If they do, maybe Trump will change the menu up.last_img read more

Bateman continues to expand

first_imgBateman Engineering has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Mining Process division of Intertech Trading Corp.  The acquisition is expected to be completed shortly. Intertech is incorporated in the US but operates primarily in the CIS. Intertech’s Mining Process division supplies small to medium size turnkey metal and mineral processing plants and sells process equipment such as thickeners, flotation cells, hydrocyclones, pumps, screens, magnetic separators, gravity concentrators and filtration systems. Intertech is well respected in the CIS, has a solid project pipeline and experienced senior management. Intertech’s President, Dr. Matthew Grodowski, has agreed to join Bateman and help lead its business in the CIS. Commenting on the acquisition, Dr. Sivi Gounden, CEO of Bateman Engineering said: “Intertech Mining is very complementary to both our existing business as well as to our ongoing growth strategy. The Division’s focus on small to medium process plants diversifies our current mega-plant focus in the CIS. Intertech Mining’s reference list of gold, platinum group metals and coal projects in Russia and surrounding countries will diversify our business across the commodities and geographies we serve.”last_img read more

Almonty starts drift development at Sangdong tungsten mine in Korea

first_imgAlmonty Industries has commenced drift development at the Sangdong tungsten mine in the Republic of Korea, and is on course to start full-scale mining in early 2020.The development of some 4,000 meters of 4.5 m x 4.5 m transportation drifts, loading points, passing bays and cross-cuts connecting to orebodies is planned to be completed in 18 months.Gangwon Mining is the contractor undertaking the work under the mine development contract executed on April 23, 2018, with all the permits for development previously obtained and the required registration of licensed personnel for health, safety, environment, explosive treatment, mechanical and electrical supervision completed.The official ceremony for the first blast was held at Sangdong on September 26. Promptly after, the first blasting and subsequent development work began inside the Alfonse D portal.Almonty’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Lewis Black said: “The beginning of the mine development work is an important and meaningful step to Almonty for bringing one of the largest and lowest cost tungsten mines in the world back into production after 25 years since its closure in 1993.”Black added: “We are particularly pleased to have engaged Gangwon Mining, the most experienced and competitive mining contractor in Korea with no record of safety incidents over 20 year.”The official commencement of underground development work will also change the status of the Sangdong mine to an operating mine, thus allowing the mine to be eligible for diverse local governmental support and subsidies provided by the mining promotion institutions such as the Korea Resource Corporation and the Mine Reclamation Corporation.This will widen the spectrum of government subsidies significantly, expanding from the previously announced ongoing endowment for the pilot plant which the Korea Institute for Geoscience and Mineral Resources has provided, with the target completion of the pilot plant expected by the end of December.The completion of drift development and mining of ore in intersecting areas together with the completion of the processing plant, which is planned to be commissioned in the June quarter of 2020, are expected to enable the Sangdong mine to start producing concentrate in the middle of 2020.The mine is expected to annually produce some 230,000-240,000 metric tonne units when fully ramped up.The Almonty Korea Tungsten mine was the powerhouse of the economy in the post-Korean War decades, contributing more than 50% of the country’s export revenue as one of the largest global tungsten producers. This mine, along with almost all other metallic mines in South Korea, closed in the 1990s primarily due to low commodity prices, at a time when South Korea was emerging as a manufacturing powerhouse.last_img read more