Golf roundup: Mickelson shares Pebble Beach lead

first_imgPhil Mickelson finally showed signs of turning the corner Thursday. Nowhere near the leaderboard since his collapse at the U.S. Open last summer, Mickelson hit a 4-iron from 230 yards into 18 feet for eagle on his final hole at Poppy Hills for a 7-under 65 to share the lead with rookie John Mallinger and Nick Watney at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. He spent the past five days working on the short stick, and it paid off Thursday. “You’re not going to make them all,” Mickelson said. “But I started every putt on line with the right speed.” No International: The International is no longer on the PGA Tour schedule because Tiger Woods and key corporate sponsors stayed away from the majestic mountain course at the foothills of the Rockies in Denver. The cancellation leaves a hole in the PGA Tour schedule on July 5-8, but tour officials have been working on a contingency plan the last month and are expected to announce a replacement by April. The leading candidate is Washington, the largest U.S. market without a PGA Tour event. Also: England’s Robert Rock shot a 6-under 66 to take a one-stroke lead after the first round of the Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. … South Korean Ahn Sun-ju shot an 8-under 64 that included 10 birdies to take a two-stroke lead after the first round of the ANZ Australian Ladies Masters in Gold Coast, Australia. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!center_img “I didn’t think it would take three tournaments to get to where I wanted to be,” said Mickelson, playing for the fourth straight week. “But each tournament, I saw progress.” Mickelson had not played since going 0-4-1 at the Ryder Cup, taking a three-month break and approaching this year feeling fresh. Instead, he looked rusty at the Bob Hope Classic and Buick Invitational, where he finished in the middle of the pack, and at the FBR Open last week outside Phoenix, where he missed the cut. last_img read more

LATEST ALLSOP AUCTION SUGGESTS DONEGAL PROPERTIES ON THE UP AND UP

first_imgThe Donegal property market could be starting to show some real signs if the latest Allsop Property auction is anything to go by.Four properties in Donegal sold on Tuesday and all for above the reserve price.The properties which included an industrial unit and three houses – went under the hammer at the RDS on Tuesday. They included 4,000 sq.ft. warehouse unit at Thorn Road in Letterkenny, which had a reserve of €50,000 but sold for €90,000.All three of the houses, which were listed with reserves of €60,000 fared equally well.A three-bedroom semi-detached house containing a two bedroom apartment with separate access at Beinn Aoibhinn, Gortlee, Letterkenny sold for €117,000.A 1,600 sq.ft. detached four-bedroom dormer bungalow at Tirloughan, Carrigart went for €82,500; and a 1,500sq.ft. four bedroom detached house at Lawnsdale, Ballybofey sold for €88,000 Robert Hoban of Allsop Space said Donegal sales were really beginning to pick up.“We’re delighted to see that level of activity. With a high number of overseas bidders, it’s also great to see that all but one of the Donegal properties were sold to local people, while the Carrigart house was bought by someone in Monaghan.” LATEST ALLSOP AUCTION SUGGESTS DONEGAL PROPERTIES ON THE UP AND UP was last modified: February 27th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Allsop auctiondonegalfor salehousesRDSlast_img read more

Over 5 million Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ units sold in a month

first_imgSamsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ after creating a buzz in the entire smartphone space with innumerable rumours, was finally launched on March 29. Which shows that its hardly just ma month that these flagship phones have been unveiled. Within such a short span of time, Samsung beats all records and manages to sell over 5 million units of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ together.Well, this shouldn’t come as surprise to the consumers. Yuanta Securities analyst Lee Jae-yoon had earlier predicted that Samsung will be able to sell out nearly 50.4 million units of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ together. However, if a report coming from the Investor if to be considered, the South Korean smartphone manufacturer has achieved the predicted target in a months time. This being said, with the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Samsung is all geared up to set the benchmark.Also Read: Galaxy S8 takes aim at greatness but possibly misses because of the cameraThe report comes from The Investor, which notes that a Samsung official has confirmed the same. It also revealed that the figure of 5 million is based on combined sales figure of the two smartphones — Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.Further throwing more light on the report, the Samsung official has reportedly said, “Although we cannot provide detailed figures, the sales are going smoothly around the globe.” He further notes, “The combined sales already are beyond 5 million units.”In terms of specifications, Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ sports a 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Super AMOLED 2K display respectively. Both the flagship phones were launched with Samsung’s very own Exynos 8895 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. However, the global variant of the devices is little different as they are powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 processor.advertisementAlso Read: Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Indian variants are special, they come with better cameraAfter almost setting a bench market with this year’s flagship phones, Samsung is currently working on fiery Galaxy Note 7 successor, dubbed Galaxy Note 8. Furthermore, Samsung is also preparing itself to re-launch a new version of the Note 7, which they will reportedly call as Galaxy Note 7R. This refurbished device will not be much different than its older version, however, the only difference that it could boast will be in the battery set up. If the reports surfacing the web are to be believed, the refurbished Galaxy Note 7R will come with a much smaller battery and will be almost half the price of the Note 7. However, Samsung in a statement to India Today Tech has confirmed that the newer version of the Note 7 will not come to India at all.last_img read more