Wilmington Pop Warner To Hold Registration Night On April 2

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Pop Warner is holding a Registration Night for interested football players (Grades 2-6 for next school year) and cheerleaders (Grades 2-8 for next school year) on Tuesday, April 2, 2019, from 6pm to 8pm, in the Town Hall Auditorium.All new players must have original birth certificate with seal.Fore more information and registration details, click HERE.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington Pop Warner To Hold Registration Night On April 3In “Sports”Wilmington Pop Warner To Hold Registration Night On April 24; Online Registration Now OpenIn “Sports”Wilmington Pop Warner’s Foresyth, Penney, Roberts, Smolinsky, Williams & Zaccagini Named ‘All-American Scholars’In “Sports”last_img read more

Jio eyes foothold in entertainment industry

first_imgReliance Jio launches free 4G feature phone aka ‘JioPhone’ with unlimited voice, dataRIL AGM via YouTubeMukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio has seen phenomenal growth over the last two years. After disrupting the telecom market with its cheap plans, the company is now eyeing the lucrative entertainment industry with plans to set up its own production house.The news comes from an unnamed source, who told Livemint: “Content market is still not properly tapped… Reliance has hired a bunch of scriptwriters and content creators and is in the process of setting up a huge production house.”If the report is accurate, it would mean that the company will create its own web series and short film taking on Netflix and Amazon’s over-the-top (OTT) services. The conglomerate will be banking on its 215 million subscribers to ensure the service is well received, and with plans to roll out JioGigaFiber, that number will only be higher.Currently, Jio offers video content in partnership with third-parties such as ALT Balaji, Eros and Reliance-owned Viacom through its Jio Cinema app.At a shareholder meeting recently, RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani said that video consumption has grown from 165 crore hours per month to 340 crore hours per month. The rise in part is due to the lowering cost of data plans, that Jio introduced when it entered the market.The report said that the content ecosystem business is being spearheaded by Jyoti Deshpande, former managing director at Eros. She has joined Reliance as head of the media and entertainment business. The source went on to add that Reliance has already got 20-25 creative people on board, and is targeting launch within 4-6 months of some web series. RIL has been aggressively expanding its presence in the OTT space, having purchased 24.9 percent stake in Balaji Telefilms last year, and 5 percent stake in Eros International in February this year. Earlier, Jio and Hotstar partnered up to offer JioTV to users. Reliance also owns Viacom18, which has a wide variety of entertainment channels such as Colors and MTV. Sacred Games posterTwitterWhile Jio’s entry into the content space is unlikely to shake up Netflix and Amazon’s dominance in the short run, it will have massive implications in the long run despite both companies investing heavily in Indian content. The news will also be good news for budding artists, who are looking for a big break and now have more options to chose from.last_img read more

Coaching Centre ACC for punishing 97 teachers

first_img-The Anti-Corruption Commission has recommended that the cabinet division take punitive action against 97 teachers of eight educational institutions in Dhaka city allegedly for their involvement in private coaching centres.  The graft watchdog sent a letter to the cabinet division in this regard on Sunday, ACC deputy director (public relations) Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya told Prothom Alo on Monday.Of the 97 teachers, 36 are from Ideal School and College, 24 from Motijheel Model High School and College, seven from Dhaka Viqarunnisa Noon School and College, five from RAJUK Uttara Model College, 12 from Motijheel Government Boys High School, four from Motijheel Government Girls High School, Khilgaon Government High School, one from Khilgaon Government High School, and eight from Dhanmondi Government Boys’ High School.The ACC, in the letter, said the cabinet division can take punitive action against the teachers of government educational institutions considering their activities as breach of government service rules.Earlier, the ACC recommended transferring 522 teachers of the city’s government schools, who have long been working at the institutions, outside the capital as they are allegedly involved in teaching in private institutions disobeying government instructions.last_img read more

Pompeo briefs Saudi Israel on US plans for Iran deal

first_imgUS Secretary of State Mike Pompeo shake hands with Saudi foreign minister Adel Al-Jubeir in Riyadh. Photo: ReutersWashington’s new chief diplomat was to meet Saudi and Israeli leaders on Sunday to rally coordinated opposition to Tehran and brief them on President Donald Trump’s threat to end the Iran nuclear deal.Secretary of State Mike Pompeo touched down in Riyadh on Saturday shortly after Tehran-backed Huthi rebels in Yemen fired missiles across the kingdom’s border.US officials travelling with Pompeo told reporters the Huthi missiles had been supplied by Iran, and cited the attacks as evidence that regional powers should work together.Pompeo had dinner with Saudi Arabia’s crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman, and on Sunday he was due to meet his father king Salman.Then he was due to fly on to Jerusalem to meet Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and then on to Amman in Jordan, wrapping up a weekend of talks with some of Iran’s most fervent foes in the region.Trump is due to decide on 12 May whether to reimpose nuclear-related sanctions on Tehran, putting in peril the landmark 2015 nuclear accord, which most world powers see as key to preventing Tehran from getting the bomb.But Trump and America’s Middle East allies argue the deal, approved by Trump’s predecessor Barack Obama, was too weak and needs to be replaced with a more permanent arrangement and supplemented by controls on Iran’s missile program.Pompeo set off on his first diplomatic trip within two hours of being sworn in on Thursday and on Friday—after talks with the NATO allies in Brussels—he appeared to suggest that Trump plans to nix the deal.“Absent a substantial fix, absent overcoming the shortcomings, the flaws of the deal, he is unlikely to stay in that deal past this May,” Pompeo told reporters in at NATO headquarters.Perhaps the last chance to fix these supposed shortcomings came from talks between Washington and its European allies Britain, France and Germany on a supplemental agreement to sanction Iran’s missile program.But both President Emmanuel Macron of France and Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel left Washington this week after talks with Trump having failed to secure any promise that he might keep the core deal alive.Air strikesThat may be music to the ears of the Saudi and Israeli leaders, who both support a tougher line on Iran.“This administration has made it a priority to address Iran’s missile programs,” a senior US official told reporters in Riyadh, condemning the latest Huthi volley of missiles, themselves in part a response to Saudi air strikes.“Iran supplies the missiles that the Huthis fire into Saudi Arabia, threatening civilians,” he said. “Today alone the Saudis shot down four Huthi missiles, the latest in a string of such attacks.”Earlier, a civil defense official had said that at least one Saudi had been killed by falling shrapnel as his government’s air defense batteries attempted to intercept the missiles near the Yemen border.A Saudi-led coalition air strike overnight Friday to Saturday killed dozens of Yemeni rebels including two commanders, state media said.Prince Salman and his father will welcome US solidarity against Iran—just as Israel will want to see greater US support for its efforts against Iranian influence in Syria and Lebanon—but Pompeo has come with requests too.According to US officials, while Riyadh has a right to self-defense, it must come to see that the solution to Yemen’s civil war will be a political one and its forces must not exacerbate the massive humanitarian crisis there.Washington also wants to see an end to the Gulf crisis that has seen Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates impose a diplomatic and trade embargo on fellow US regional ally Qatar.And, perhaps most importantly for Trump, Pompeo will urge Saudi Arabia to provide personnel and funding to help US efforts to stabilize northeastern Syria in the wake of the expected defeat of the Islamic State group.“The president has made clear that he wants to see meaningful participation from states in the region,” another senior US official travelling with Pompeo’s party said.“We want to see the kind of participation, for financial efforts, not just kinetic efforts that would match, parallel, would assist, the US role,” he said. The United States has more than 2,000 troops in Syria.On Qatar, the US officials said they do not blame one side or the other, but want Riyadh and Doha to sort out the stand-off themselves.Humanitarian tragedyAnd on Yemen, they warned the Saudi-led coalition not to again block or bomb ports that supply vital civilian aid, warning that there is no military solution to the crisis.“The humanitarian situation in this tragic country cannot be allowed to become worse. It needs to get better. And that means full and free access to humanitarian goods, to commercial goods, to fuel,” one said.Pompeo will conclude his first diplomatic trip on Monday after talks with senior Jordanian officials and then fly back to Washington to move in to his office in the State Department.last_img read more